There are many types of mobile home and RV communities, from land owned and land leased, to family-friendly and 55+. And it’s important to remember that each community has different goals and needs. Today, we will discuss some of the considerations you should have for each community.
ALL AGE COMMUNITIES
- All-age communities are made up of families, singles and seniors.
- Amenities should appeal to families: playground, basketball hoop, etc for children.
- Amenities should also appeal to seniors: shuffleboard, pool, exercise for seniors.
- Offices may consider later hours so residents can stop in after work or on Saturday.
- Collections may be tougher because of other demands on income.
- Community-wide activities may be poorly attended as residents are mobile and seek outside events.
- Seniors are looking for quite, active-adult communities with like-minded people.
- Amenities could include shuffleboard, bocce ball, pool, tennis, pickleball, etc.
- Offices are usually open during the day as many retired seniors are around.
- Collections are generally easier at these communities.
- Community activities are better attended as seniors may not want to travel outside for events.
- Church services often take place on the premises.
- Today’s seniors are much more active and are looking for more than just a community, they are searching for a lifestyle.
- They want more amenities and more events than ever before that cater to their active lifestyles.
- RV communities appeal to people who prefer short-term stays. It may be for a season, three months, several weeks or just days.
- Management is more like a hospitality industry, much like hotels whose residents are transient.
- Some guests return annually, some don’t.
- Amenities need to entertain while guests visit: swimming pool, basketball, tennis, shuffleboard, cook outs.
- Collections are easy as most are done in advance.
- Check-in can be after-hours or weekends so staffing properly is important.
- RVers usually feel like part of a community, so hosting fun events is a great way to get guests to feel connected to your resort and want to come back!